Wheatgrass Resources and Useful Links
Wheatgrass Growing, Juicer, and Juicing Guide
Brand new eBook - Black Thumb's Guide to Growing and Juicing Wheatgrass! How to grow wheatgrass successfully without breaking the bank! Step by step guide with clear explanation and photos for growing and juicing wheatgrass! Designed for beginners! Scripted for serial plant killers! Developed for the budget-minded! With tips on where to get your wheatgrass supplies!
Subscribe to our mailing list to get your free PDF copy now! Alternatively, view it online now.
How to grow wheatgrass
- Measure 1/3 kg of kg organic wheat grains (available at health food store or contact us) for each 30cm x 35cm tray.
- Wash the grains and then place them in a container filled with water 12 hours in summer or 24 hours in winter.
- Drain the wheat after soaking and rinse well. Let it sprout for 12 hours in summer or 24 hours in winter.
- Put paper in bottom of wheatgrass planting tray (contact us to purchase) to prevent the soil from falling through.
- Place top-quality organic soil (with NO animal manure) to even depth of 25-50mm.
- Distribute seeds evenly over the soil with your hands, ensuring that they touch one another but not piled on top of one another.
- Soak seeds and soil thoroughly with water.
- Set tray aside in a dark place (20C-30C for 2-3 days).
- Uncover and water the tray. Set it out in indirect light. Direct sunlight will stunt its growth and dry the soil out.
- Water every day or every two days, depending on the weather.
- Harvest when mature (15-24cm tall). In warm weather, the wheatgrass can mature in five days; it takes a few days longer in cooler weather.
- Don't worry if some mould forms on the soil - it's inevitable in Australia's coastal climate. When you harvest, harvest above the level of the mould.
- To harvest, cut as close to the soil as possible, because many nutrients are concentrated close to the soil mat.
- The grass will regrow, and it can be harvested again. However, the second growth is much weaker.
The information presented here is based on personal experience. Because there is always some risk involved, we are not responsible for any adverse effects or consequences resulting from
How to juice wheatgrass using The Wheatgrass Juicer
- Take a bunch of cut wheatgrass about the diameter of your thumb and place it top down into the hole at the top of the Juicer.
- Turn the handle clockwise.
- Juice will come out of the juicer opening near the handle.
- The wheatgrass pulp will come out of the other end of the juicer.
- Please do not run the pulp through the juicer another time as it may damage the juicer.
- Using a wheatgrass juicer is essential for wheatgrass as the juicer can extract 50-98% more juice from wheatgrass compared to high-speed juicers.
NaturalHealing.com.au - provides FREE natural healing information, herbal cleanses, buteyko breathing method, healing bookstore, anxiety and trauma relief, super juices, Dr hulda clark remedies, etc.